Crazy Bastards is a parody of Mad Men, set in a Sydney advertising agency in the mid 80s. It tells the story of how some of Australia’s most iconic ad campaigns were devised, from ‘Solo Man’ to the ‘AIDS Grim Reaper.’ It has all the style and sexiness of the popular television series with none of the budget. The sketch stars Nigel Nailer (Justin Heazlewood) the mysterious head of creative at ‘Nailer & Brown’ agency. He is a slick yet unhinged rogue, prone to elaborate ‘role playing’ and Vietnam flashbacks. His partner is Percy Brown (David McLaughlin) a goofy kiwi in double denim. He offers a cool-head to Nigel’s wilder ideas. Suzie (Sabrina D’Angelo) is their faithful and bombastic Chinese-Italian assistant. Suzie is Nigel’s muse, often providing the missing puzzle piece, and enough politically-incorrect innuendo to poke a stick at.
- S s x 2 years ago
- RT @mariekehardy: MELBOURNE! Come see @sabrinamdangelo and @nickcoyles in two amazing shows based on Madame Bovary and Rebecca YES https:… 2 years ago
- RT @amandapalmer: adelaide! don’t miss @sabrinamdangelo’s Why Do I Dream? at @adelaide_fringe march 2-7th events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/sabrina-… 2 years ago
- @amandapalmer Thankyou amazing lady! 2 years ago
- Me and You, by which of course I mean @benpobjie and I, opens Thursday @_tuxycat for @melbournefringe. Whoopee! bit.ly/2cotrJR 3 years ago
- Stoked to be on the lineup for Queer Lunar New Year Cabaret and Party! This year we're paying tribute to our fave queer Asian icons. There'll be music, performance, all kinds of weird arty things and DJs deep into the night . And it's the Year of the Rat, so where else but the Red Rattler? Saturday Feb 8, 7pm. Hope to see you there. All profits donated to FIRE.